Okay, SO… SOPA IS BACK GUYS! AGAIN! But this time, only United States citizens can sign this thing this time! And we don’t have much time until it must be signed!
The United States thinks it can be in ultimate control of the internet, censoring our internet and removing the rights of everything that we know and love about DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, and even YouTube!
Don’t let it pass guys! Ban together! Spread the word as QUICKLY as possible! Your vote DOES make a difference if you are a United States citizen!
Sign the petition, tell your friends, neighbors, friends, and even family members right away! We only have until March the 17th!!! Which is only 5 DAYS AWAY!
((This will affect Canon characters. Your muses are owned by companies, as is what they will allow you to post.
A prime example would be like with Dan Vs. I can’t find a video of the show to save my life, but there are 8 different HD versions of MLP episodes. Companies will chose what can or won’t be seen by fans on sites. They will make sites PAY to post things related to fandoms and series.))
Well I’ll be doing it until there are no more fics left I want to read, so you have that to look forward to. this is such a cute message thank you!
EVERYONE PLEASE. PAY ATTENTION. Especially if you’re Asian.
On January 30th, 2014, California Senate just passed SCA-5, a legislation that would repeal portions of California Proposition 209.
In condensed words, this bill allows schools to DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ASIANS.
As you probably know, Misha’s agent tried to convince him to leave Supernatural rather than stay on for season 9. Misha didn’t listen, and came back anyway just because of how much he loves his fans. Now we need to let Misha know we love him back just as much, if not more. Season 10 is officially happening, but there’s been no word yet on whether Misha will be returning as Castiel.
It’s time to let Misha know we need him. Help us trend #WeNeedMisha on Thursday March 13th 2014!
Example: @MishaCollins Cas holds TeamFreeWill together, please tell us he’s coming back? #WeNeedMisha
Let’s remind Misha what an important part of SPN he is!
REMEMBER: KEEP IT POSITIVE, KEEP IT RESPECTFUL, SHOW YOUR LOVE, NOT YOUR HATE.
-The Castiel Fan Network
on twitter @angelwarriorcas
So I don’t know how many say my post yesterday in response to what amagicbeyond posted about the things that she’s sure of for Dean. She did it in a cute sort of way where she used the structure of a Twilight quote to say that she thinks Dean is bisexual, he’s being set up for a love interest, and that Castiel is the only logical choice. I agreed and wrote about why I think that is, that the eros relationships that have been a part of this season are significant, love-of-your-life type love. Collette had such a grand, and life changing effect on Cain that he still honors he memory by being the person he would want her to be, a person who does not act to harm anyone and has a peaceful life with his bees. Garth was ready to kill himself, he had a gun in his mouth but Bess came in and convinced him he could live and be happy. It’s life changing love. And if Dean is going to be saved in some way or another from his monster self by romantic love then he needs to have a live changing love. Dean needs his soul mate. (As we understand it in the popular sense, not the Heaven sharing kind of soul mate.) So if they’re going to give Dean an endgame that involves the love of his life, what does that character have to be? Who does a character need to be deserving of the title of Dean’s life partner? It is quite a tall order but I think I have some idea of what Dean would need in a lifelong lover.
I’m going to use the pronoun of she to describe this person because if the writers were to generate Dean’s big love, it would be a she since Dean is still textually straight.
1. She would have to be strong.
This character would have to be strong in a multitude ways. For one she would have to be able to hold her own in a fight against a monster. A Winchester’s life is dangerous and Dean spent nearly his entire time with Lisa and Ben being terrified that something from his past would come after them and that happened in Let it Bleed, even though Dean wasn’t technically a part of their lives anymore. It would be a giant load of Dean’s mind to know that the person he’s with is able to give as good as she gets and doesn’t need anyone rushing into rescue her if things go south. Yes, he would still worry about her and want to protect her because that’s how Dean is with every person he loves but he could also trust her to be able to take care of herself.
This woman would also have to be strong emotionally. Dean is so very messed up and it takes a special person to have patience with him when he needs it and to call him out on his crap when he needs it. When Dean is doing his oh-so-sexy self-deprecating stick, she needs to be able to kick his ass a little and say “there are things in life you can’t change. Not everything is your responsibility” but also deliver that message with a hug. Dean has been taking care of Sam almost his entire life, I think in his romantic life, Dean needs someone who can take care of him for a change. He needs someone he trusts to not be all posturing and macho bluster, to be a man that takes control and gets shit done. With the love of his life, he needs a place where he doesn’t need to put on a brave face and act like everything’s okay when what he desperately wants and needs is for someone to hold him.
2. She would have to be a hunter herself.
Dean has never tried to hide his past from any woman he’s had any sort of serious connection with like Sam has. Sam has often seen hunting as something he wants to escape or get away from, but not Dean. Dean gets a lot of pride from hunting. Like Buffy and being a slayer, being a hunter isn’t Dean’s job it’s who he is. A fellow hunter would have had a life where she can empathize more easily with Dean’s. In Supernatural it seems you only really become a hunter because one of two things happened, 1) it’s what your family does or did, 2) you and/or your family suffered some horrible and tragic loss at the hands of some monster. Sometimes it’s a little bit of 1 and 2, but it’s 2 more often than not. Why Bobby start hunting? Why did Jo? What about Gordon, remember his sister got killed by a vampire? And of course we have John Winchester, who with out him the plot of the show couldn’t exist. Anyway, hunters are people who often have been foraged by fire, a fire that they have to starve off to be able to survive for any period of time. A hunter would be able to understand and empathize with Dean’s dark and scary places verse someone who grew up happy and normal. She also would need to want to continue hunting. She would need to want to hunt for the same reason Dean does, because she wants to save innocent people.
3. She would have to understand Dean’s relationship with Sam and accept that she’ll probably always come in second.
This is a hard one to shallow. Lisa couldn’t do it. This and the fear she had for her son’s safety is the two big reasons she broke up with Dean. Dean’s perfect woman would have to be understanding enough to know that Dean comes with Sam attracted. This woman would have to be truly unselfish in eros love. Even when the pair of them work out their issues and have what we can hope be a healthy, loving, and balance relationship, Sam will still be a huge part of Dean’s life and still probably his number one priority baring any actual children Dean would have. She has to be love Sam at least half much as she loves Dean. So she needs a personality that Sam can mesh with as well as Dean. Sam needs to be able to trust her and love her as well for her to be a part of their family.
So that’s a pretty tall order, right? I really can’t see how in this state of the game, they could introduce a character with all these qualities and not turn her into a giant Mary Sue. She has to be the most unselfish woman ever, have massive emotional maturity, have a tragic back story where she’s probably done some shady crap, as well as being a kick ass fighter. They would have what…a season at most to make this character and not have her feel contrived and shoved into scenes? This is why I have a lot of trouble picturing Dean being with anyone at the end besides Castiel. Cas already knows the Sam is the most important person in Dean’s life and accepts that. Sam trusts and loves Cas, and Cas trusts and loves Sam. Castiel may not be a hunter but he has a very strong desire to help people because he loves humanity. He wants to keep his brothers and sisters from constantly trying to fuck with humans. He wants to stop monsters from eating innocents. He and Dean share very important ideological views. Castiel knows every shitty, stupid, horrible thing’s Dean has ever done and accepts and supports him anyway. Dean trusts Castiel enough to be emotionally vulnerable and say “I need you.” Castiel can hold his own against a monster. He’s no one’s damsel in distress.
Who else but Castiel?
What. Is. Happening?????
Why is Misha Collins following me on Twitter??
1. They had already conclusively identified the guy with the cards in his wallet. Dean was looking at the birthmark on his penis for kicks. And he took a nice long look, then complimented the guy.
2. Dean didn’t want Sammy. He wanted someone like a brother, without all the complications. The Siren was a distinctly sexual creature, created in each scenario to be the perfect sexual and personality match for the victim. In every case. The victim’s significant other was not always sexual (ie that one dude’s mom) but the victim’s relationship with the siren always was. Also, the siren was nothing like Sammy in personality or appearance.
3. No one else had a problem not looking at chubby cupid’s chubby.
4. Dean uses specific barbs to get under people’s skins this episode. With Bobby, it was “You’re not my father”. With Sam it was about their brotherhood and trust issues. With Castiel, it’s a sexual come-on. Okay? Okay. That means he both recognizes Cas’ attraction to him and knows how to play it.
5. Dean is a blushing fan girl, who classifies Dr Sexy as sexy because he wears cowboy boots. Dean has a western fetish. Dean doesn’t classify Dr Sexy as sexy to some people, he just classifies him as sexy. Sam is not impressed.
6. Dean forms strong emotional attachments to men very quickly. This guy looked a lot like Cas, and Dean spent the whole season mourning Cas. This is not evidence of bisexuality — or any sexuality — but rather is evidence of Dean’s need for someone to fill the emotional intimacy Cas left void when he died.
7. Dean has specific, sexual body language when he’s interacting with Cas. True, Jensen is a lip-licker. But there are not only various ways to lick your lips — some of which are truly sexual — but there’s also all the other behavior going on in that gif. His realization of what he’s doing, of Cas tracking the movement, his shifty eyes when he checks around in embarrassment to see if anyone noticed. Don’t downplay the body language, because they took several takes of these things and actors are trained to be conscious of their bodies while being honest in a scene (hence screen actors actually taking into account eye placement inspired by sense memories as opposed to imaginary scenarios). This had to get by the director, producer, and editing team. It’s in there deliberately. It didn’t need to be. But it is. For what reason? We get to decide.
8. Crossdressing does not equal gay, but it kinda does in Dean Winchester’s mind. He repeatedly equates the effeminate (or what he thinks is effeminate, which is a ton of things including feelings and probably vegetables) to homosexuality. He’s also suffering from a little bit of gender dysphoria, because he’s attracted to several things that he or someone in his life deemed unmasculine (such as liking ballet movies and wearing ladies underwear). In the fairy tale episode, when confronted with a frog, Dean assumes he’s going to have to take on the female role, bite the bullet and kiss it — so he preemptively says no way, Jose. But it is just one of the ways in which Dean’s defensiveness springs not from an outward attack on his masculinity, but from his inner insecurities. When he is trying to trip up Sam by preying on masculine insecurities “Sam wears women’s underwear!” “Is this yours? [holds up a bra]” it’s projection: Dean wears women’s underwear. And liked it. And he never got over it, whether or not it’s important to us. It says nothing factual to us about his sexuality, but it says a lot to Dean himself.
9. Dean doesn’t have to eye the guy up and down and give him a hi, howyadoin’ smile there. He’s obviously impressed by the guy’s uniform — but, um, you know who else is really impressed by a guy in uniform? Anyone who has a kink for uniforms, or authority. Just sayin’. And again, body language. There are ways to check out an impressive uniform without seeming sexual. This is not one of the ways to do that.
10. There was no 10 but I’m adding it. Did we forget about the boner already? How about the fact that Dean’s supposedly uncomfortable with Cas sharing close physical space with him, but then gets all up into Cas’? How about the fact that Cas can paw through his bag and duffel and Dad’s journal, but the minute he wants to crash in their room, Dean gets super uncomfortable? (Hint: platonic best friends don’t care if you sleep on their floor while their sibling is in the room. Or if you choose to stay up and watch silent tv or read a book while they sleep.) How about the way Dean OBVIOUSLY checks out Cas in scene after scene, stands like 2cm away, and initiates serious heart-to-hearts again and again — something he loathes to do, even with Sammy?
Or how about the fact that Jensen implied Dean used to turn tricks? How about Jeffery’s monologue at Dean about his relationship with the demon being a parallel to Dean’s own state (obviously with his angel, come on, so blatant)? Or how about the fact that he stared at Emmanuel with practically no reservation, just like, awe and heartbreak, and asked repeatedly about his “wife”, like he couldn’t believe it? How about the fact when Meg says, “You go talk to him, he was your boyfriend first” Dean not only doesn’t object, he goes and talks to him.
where is all this panic coming from about misha not being in season 10?
i’m worried myself but like can someone give me reasons for their panic